Today, Esther McVey speaks to parents about the impact the schools shutdown is having on their children. The parents are all part of the group UsforThem - a campaign to reopen schools that's taken the country by storm this week.
They ask how can it be right that school children - those least affected by COVID-19 itself - are the ones who are being most impacted by the Government's measures to tackle it?
A year on from our last discussion on education, schools are still shut. What have we done to a generation of children in that intervening year?
- Liz Cole, Co-Founder of UsforThem (01:40)
- Victoria Slatter, mother of two (06:17)
- Christine Brett, Co-Founder of UsforThem (08:27)
- Adrian Kneeshaw, CEO fo Carlton Bolling Academy Trust (16:14)
- Rachel Maile, parent (20:24)
- Emma Reece, parent (23:55)